Work for shipwright in Spain?

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by carl_shipwright, Feb 27, 2008.

1. carl_shipwright

carl_shipwright Junior Member

Just wondering if anyone knows how easy it is to find work as a shipwright in the Barcelona/Valencia area? I was there last year and would like to move back next year for a full season. I can get a working holiday visa so will be fully legal to work in Spain.

thanks
    Carl

2. ScrimCraft

ScrimCraft Junior Member

Hi Carl,

I'm not much help with the Spain stuff but I am interested in how you are going with the barrel back replica.

I ask because I am two thirds of the way through a build of a replica of an 18' CC Riviera. I have used a small block chev along with a ZF V drive - similar to what you were proposing to do with yours.

If you are interested in a chat or having a look at some photos just let me know.

Gordon
    Tasmania

3. benpetre

benpetre New Member

Hi ScrimCraft,
    I am considering doing a similar modification to a 20.5 foot barrel back design. How did your riviera turn out with the engine moved aft and a vdrive instead of the standard straight inboard? Is weight distribution an issue?

Thanks
    Ben

4. ScrimCraft

ScrimCraft Junior Member

Hi Ben,

Our Riviera turned out really well. I must point out that although I turned the engine around I did not move the position of the engine very much at all.

I was concerned that the weight distribution would be all wrong if I moved the engine aft. The boat planes quite well and I can get 50MPH out of her. I do have to lower the pitch of the prop slightly as I cannot get full revs yet and I reckon I will be able to get about 55 then with any luck.

Here is a link to some images from the Glen-L web site where I posted them for all to see.

http://www.glen-l.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6166

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.