Reason no. 1 not to dangle your feet in the water.

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by El_Guero, Aug 16, 2013.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Krazy Kiwis !

3. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

You got me laughing again.

I had not noticed where they were from .....

A Darwin Award winner for sure.

4. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

The guy offers kayak fishing trips . . . :rolleyes:

Cheers,
    Angel

5. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

I did miss a lot! I was too busy looking for the shark, and the shark bait . . .

6. Cat Cruiser

Cat Cruiser Junior Member

Jaws -see movie

7. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

Hehehehehe.

Used to fly over the beach and watch the shark bait on their surf boards .... It is a wonder they don't catch more sharks as much bait as is in the water.

8. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Fish getting their own back.

It looks like these guys just catch the fish for 'fun' ( he returned the big one he took hours to catch ) - so they are basically just fish torturers, and now shark feeders.

Lucky we have an endless supply of fish in the oceans :rolleyes:

"Overfishing is threatening more than two-thirds of the world's most valuable fish species"
    http://www.enn.com/top_stories/article/110

9. djaus

djaus Salted Nut!

I'm noticing a trend with you rwatson, you should change your username to "mr negativity"!

10. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

yeah, I'm going to spend millions on a fake inoculation program to kill millions of third world kids ..

If its good enough for Bill Gates like DJaus claims - its good enough for me.

But Djaus is an optimist ... hahahahaha

11. Mr Efficiency

Kayak fishing is pretty dumb actually, the smell of bait and struggling fish draw sharks to the kayak, and there is not enough boat between you and the sharks, and potential disaster. Way too easy to be tipped over. I recall one day having a 14 foot Hammerhead doing tight circles round the boat ( an 18 ' runabout) after a flurry of fish being pulled aboard, on a kayak that would have cured me of kayak fishing.

12. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

YOU sir, are an optimist.

The rest of us would have decided the 18' boat was too small.

:)

13. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

I'd call RW a realist,

qualifying that a fair proportion of my income has come from game fishers in the past, the kayak fishers are a little more sporting in giving the fish/shark a shot at getting a bite back on the aggressor, in comparison, & it's their hard earned getting spent...... a weekend of gameboating for sharks on a 40'er with a pallet or two of pilchards that would feed a small village for a week & a couple of 800hp diesels chewing a tonne or three of fuel that would plough many a field & feed a small village for a month............

Maybe hypocritical to take(do have to earn it!) their dough, but a old aquaintance expressed a pretty realistic view of these activities.... " roughly quoted as..... pointing to some boatyard dogs.... might as well bait up with a T bone & play these dogs around the yard on a hook.........." .. close to the truth!!
    Jeff.

1 person likes this.
  14. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Check this Tropfest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bc-Cv9C-E8 film my cousin did a few years back....... gotta love that they paddle the bait out & a shark hooks up B4 the surfer gets back to shore.
    Jeff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnUe_8WS7xoPS: the Murbah swamp beer is cool too..

15. Mr Efficiency

I have done enough fishing in shark-infested waters to have no patience with "sport" fishing with light lines and playing fish for hours, the skill is in getting hooked up to good eating, solid fish, not buggering around with them and inviting sharks, I never use less than 50 lbs breaking strain line offshore. And catch and release.....I'd rather not go fishing.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.