Woodies on the water

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by duluthboats, Jul 27, 2002.

1. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

Well today was the annual wooden boat shindig for our area. It was fun, and I’ll post some pic’s of what was the best boat there, later. I wanted to show you this boat. I didn’t have a chance to get aboard, but the guy is a local and I hope to get inside soon. Behind the first mates seat is a chart table, fold it up and you have a head with standing head room. :) This guy has packed a lot into a very small boat.

http://www.glen-l.com/picboards/picboard4/pic305a.html

Pelican this boat is made from wood. Do I know you from WB forum, they have a Pelican there. The one I know looks like this. http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/2393946/1020711044952_pelican.JPG

I'm known there as G. Schollmeier

:)

Gary

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Beautiful boat!

--especially from the front and side and interior.

3. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Wow! The owner must be very proud of the finish he has managed to achieve - as Jeff says, she's beautiful to look at. Not too sure that I'd like to spend much more than a weekend cruising on her, she might start to feel a little cramped.
    It'd be interesting to know how heavy she finished up being and what sort of performance / economy she returns.
    The hide-a-head is a clever inclusion so lonf as there aren't too many people on board. ( I was trying to come up with something similar for our own O-1, but with little success).
    Do let us know more if you manage to get aboard.....maybe he'd like to "appear as a guest speaker" on the forum and we could all hurl questions at him....