Wooden Silhouette MK2

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Jimbo538, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Jimbo538

Jimbo538 New Member

Hi, I'm currently restoring a 1960 ply Silhouette MK2. I'm logging my progress at http://www.re-buildingthedewdrop.blogspot.com/ and I'd value any tips/advice or other banter! It's my first project and it hasn't been without it's dilemma's! Jim.

2. goolawah

goolawah Junior Member

Congratulations Jim, looks like you are doing brilliantly!

We tried doing up a 21ft 6in Robert Tucker Ballerina II a few years ago. Eventually abandoned it as the rotted and delaminated ply was so pervasive.

We purchased a copy of the plans from Tony Tucker (Robert's son) but couldn't summon the resources (time, space and money) to start from scratch.

I hope you will keep posting (especially pictures) as we may get inspired again.

Cheers