Wooden Rowing shell Rendezvous

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Don Seales, May 25, 2004.

1. Don Seales

Don Seales New Member

Any one out there have some nicely designed and built wooden rowing shells that may be interested in displaying them. I have space at the WoodenBoat show in Newport this year and would love to have you bring your shell - racing or Rec - fixed seat or sliding for viewing at the show. There is no cost and we will gather many experts on restoration, finishing, rigging etc. for the rendezvous. Legendary builders are scheduled to attend and bring examples of their work. We have Olympic three time silver medalist wooden Empacher shell and examples of many great shells that have historic value and interest. I would love to hear from you if you have a shell you are proud of and would like to display.
    Thanks,
    Don

2. Bob Klinger

Bob Klinger Guest

Don,
    I would like to talk to you about some shells, four person w/ cox, that I may be able to bring down, when is the show. I am trying to get all of their information. I believe they were built in the late 1800's in Cambridge MA, then rowed by Harvard for several years before being sold.
    If you are interested or can help me research them, please call me at (413) 563-1480.
    Thank you, Bob Klinger