Wooden boatbuilding in Spain (Galicia)

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by gonzo, Jul 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

My dear buddy TANSL, you're wrong there (just as usual of course) about the internet as a solely source here . . :confused:

I hope he doesn't mind, so I'll give away that the person from Milwaukee you talk about has his knowledge about Europe from working and traveling there, and since that's both about the waterfront I can tell you he knows that side of ‘‘your’’ country much better than you do, judging from the nonsense you post about it, which makes me even doubt you actual live there . . :eek:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  2. Angélique

Better not ask, since there is a lot to tell about that, as well as about TANSL's last two above posts, but I'll take Rumar's advice and hold my horses, for a while . . ;)

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I have spent a fair amount of time in Spain. As a matter of fact, I am a Spanish national.

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I believe you, Gonzalo, why not?
    Since you are "a Spanish national", you can answer me, if you like, to this question : Do you think that the Spaniards (or Spanish national) know Spanish regulation for the fact that they are Spanish (or Spanish national), or perhaps they should study it and, more importantly, understand it?. Thank you for your, I am sure, kind answer.

5. Angélique

Hi buddy, you didn't post a single example of these Spanish regulations about boats build for own use so far, while you claim to know them and talk about it all the time, so post some of these regulations, and then who ever likes to do so can tell you whether they are able to understand it, or not at all, like by now is clear for yourself . . :confused:

Thanks in advance my dear friend, for the kindly ensuing posting of the asked for examples, but if you don't mind, I do not intend to hold my breath till they show up here . . :eek:

Sorry Rumars, for letting out these horses . . :(

6. Angélique

Hi buddy, please see my sister below, she's interviewing Gonzalo González there, of course about do-it-yourself boat building . . :p

[​IMG]

7. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Hi, on post #30 you said: "I am not very convinced that a person, from Milwaukee, consulting on the internet, can have better information than me about my country, the area where I live and that I know. I can only express my admiration and bewilderment." However, now that you know I am Spanish, there is not retraction or apology. According to your position, my nationality should be enough to make me as much of an expert as you. As usual, all you do is parade ignorance and bad manners.

8. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Unfortunately it seems this thread has become so argumentative and has caused so much irritation in the last two pages that it's probably best to close at this point.

If everyone could please make a little extra effort to be kind to one another, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the link to the book in the first post, and thank you to those who posted interesting, factual information in the thread.

If we focus on keeping future threads centered on the positive, adding relevant information, and try to resist posting in a way that constantly annoys someone, and stay away from the personal jabs, threads can be a lot better.

Ultimately the purpose of the site is to try and share knowledge, and learn new things, and be inspired. So thank you very much to everyone who shares their knowledge, and thanks to all for trying to keep the forums as a whole focused on the positive so everyone can enjoy taking part and learning new things. Thanks.

wavepropulsion likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.