Beautiful Boats & Slim Hulls

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by SAQuestor, Feb 13, 2005.

1. SAQuestor

SAQuestor Senior Member

There have been several discussions about the various hull forms that lend themselves to efficiency - i.e., moving through the water will little muss and fuss and doing so while sipping fuel.

Try this Dutch site for views of some gorgeous older wood boats with (to my eye) very efficient hull forms.

http://www.prinsvanoranje.nl/index_en.html

Here's just one of the boats listed on their brokerage page.

Too bad that I couldn't find an on-line translation service that features Dutch to English. Anyone know of a site other than Babblefish?

Best,

Leo

Attached Files:

2. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS Senior Member

Prins Van Oranje

I know this yard pretty well, what would you exactly like to know? I will translate with pleasure.
    In general they restore old wooden yachts and bring them back to new or almost new situation. Over the years hey have gained a lot of experience and it is more than only work, they have a passion for this type of the yachting industry.

3. SAQuestor

SAQuestor Senior Member

Was merely pointing out that there are lots of very beautiful boats on their web site.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.