U.S.Navy wooden boat plans 1900

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by WarrenN, Dec 18, 2005.

1. WarrenN

WarrenN New Member

Hello.

I am in need of help in getting a copy of a set of wooden boat plans from a book called "Standard Boats of the U.S. Navy 1900". Does anyone out there have a copy of this book or the plans for a 16 foot navy dingey

I have a copy of this very rare book with this title however it is in a storage area and I can't get to it. It is an excellent collection of several boats with a full set of working drawings and offsets for each.

I now have a chance to build one of them over the winter with my brother and my book is buried in the back of my storage unit and is virtually inaccessable.

Would you please contact me if you have a copy of this book or the 16 foot dingy plans, or if you have any suggestions on where/who may have either one.

Thanks for your help. This should be a very interesting project as I have never built a boat before.
    Warren

2. WarrenN

WarrenN New Member

Test....did this msg get thru?

3. artemis

artemis Steamboater

:idea: George ("Bill") Durham published (maybe a reprint?) Standard Boats of the U.S. Navy 1900 sometime in the 1960s. He lives in Seattle, WA (and is therefore close to you). Look him up in the Seattle phone directory (he's in his late 80s now).

4. WarrenN

WarrenN New Member

Thanks for the quick reply Art. I will Mr Durham up and see what he has.
    Thank you.
    Warren