Thought I would post an Intro!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Steven Brown, May 21, 2004.

1. Steven Brown

Steven Brown New Member

Guess my name?

Good guess. I've had boats and other water toy's since I was a kid. Growing up in a house on the beach had most of the toy's or at least access to them that one could think for the water! I've allways wanted to build my own but never had the time, or the easy route was taken and I just bought kinda what I was looking for! :D

Recently I helped my neighbor refurbish his Sea Ray Sundancer 22 interior. It was alot of fun and thought it would be more fun to build or modify an existing design into what I've allways wanted. Good hobby idea, because I'm turning my current one into a business need another.

One of my neighbors bought a Kavalk (Kazulin) and pulled up to my house to show my Dad, his new toy. He actuelly worked in the same office with him as well. Tried talking him into going partners on another. Neither he nor I could convince him it would be a good idea! Dad had another serious addictive and more expensive hobby, so no time for boats. :mad: (planes) I did get a couple of rides in the boat and even tried to race it a couple of times in our Sea Ray which was futile for me! Since than I've allways wanted one, dang nice concept. Thinking of latter buying an older one needed fixing up, but first found another boat that I think would look real sharp under the same "concept".

Found an older Donzi Classic 18 (favorite design for the way they sit in the water) in need of restoration real in-expensive. So I'm thinking of buying it and redoing the interior nice "leather" (vinyl) and do the deck in mahogony.

2. Kazulin

Kazulin Junior Member

Hello:
    Always nice to hear good things about our boats (kazulins). Was it an Adriatic or another model? Who is your neighbour? Contact us directly and I may be able to locate a used one which needs refurbishing (much less expensive than adding a mahogany deck to another boat).
    All the best