wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by arvidson28, Oct 8, 2010.

1. arvidson28

arvidson28 New Member

I am installing a 12 volt system in a new custom boat. Nothing is installed at this point. When I first checked here for info I saw that Brotherton's 12 Volt Bible for Boats was recommended as a starting point. So I am mostly finished reading and have come up with the attached wiring diagram. The panels and switch are already purchased, no batteries or bus bar yet. My motor (Suzuki DF 250) has a high output alternator, and my switch has an alternator field disconnect (F1, F2).

Not real sure what to do with F1 and F2, Also, should the bus bar be close to the batteries or the panels? Am I even close??

Attached Files:

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

The F terminals are for the field on some old style alternators. You can also use it to power the auto switch on the bilge pump because it never switches off. It looks OK. Make sure you use wire guage of the right size for the length of run.

3. anthony goodson

anthony goodson Senior Member

Gonzo ,I think you may have your terminals muddled.

4. anthony goodson

anthony goodson Senior Member

Ooops as you were, sorry ,missed auto disconnect

5. arvidson28

arvidson28 New Member

Thanks Gonzo, so late model outboards probably dont need F1 and F2

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.