Boat identification

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Dephil, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Dephil

Dephil New Member

Hi I'm new to the forum. I was hoping someone may be able to identify the boat I inherited from my late father. He didn't know much about it himself but liked the shape. It has been stored it in my brother's garden but unfortunately over the years it became covered with weeds. I managed to trailer it to my garden where I have it covered with a tarpaulin. I know its aluminium and I'm guessing that it is possibly 1950/60s made. Someone has suggested that it could be made in America? Can anyone help please? Phil DSCF3284.JPG DSCF3285.JPG DSCF3286.JPG DSCF3289.JPG

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Interesting. Rivetted I take it ?

3. Dephil

Dephil New Member

Hi yes it is.

4. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

That is a bit of a retro gem, (has to be from no later than the early sixties) if it isn't corroded past the point of no return. Going over it with a high pressure water cleaner would likely show where that stands.

5. Dephil

Dephil New Member

That's what I thought, it has a great shape. There's no corrosion at all, its solid. I would really like to find out more about it and its value as I have only covered it on my house insurance!

6. Lepke

Lepke Junior Member

Search out the registration. It has to have a maker unless it's a one off home built. I'd say from the late 50s. About right for the wings. It can't be much earlier because early (late 40s early 50s) aluminum boats no longer exist because they were mostly made from WWII surplus aluminum and the wrong alloy for water, especially salt water.

7. Ike

Ike Senior Member

8. scotmarechaux

scotmarechaux Junior Member

cool boat. figure out what it is?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.