Turboing a Buffalo Cat

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by nikb, Jun 14, 2010.

1. nikb

nikb New Member

I have a 14ft buffalo catamaran and am finding it a bit lethargic. I can use a Hobie 14 turbo jib (roller furling), a sunburst jib and a sunburst spinnaker. While looking at a picture of the White Heather, I thought I could put the two extra jibs with the existing jib. Put a prod on it a foot or so further put the Hobie jib and using a near masthead pulley raise the sunburst jib above the others with some rope running to the end of the prod to keep it down. While reaching I could chuck up the sunburst spinnaker and be doing 5 sail reaching/downwind. The sunburst jib providing more leverage sideways could also stop it driving the leeward hull as much and start flying a hull.

Would this idea work? :confused:

[​IMG]

2. ned

ned Junior Member

you should get a real cat like a wind rush with manly drink holders

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.