window to let light in but gives privacy?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by alexwilliamruss, Aug 6, 2007.

1. alexwilliamruss

alexwilliamruss New Member

re: window to let light in but gives privacy?

I have looked a while to see what window material or even patio door material would act like mirrored window, to let lots of light in but not let people see inside. So could have a private sunny interior.

I guess a one-way mirror would work, but is there any affordable window material that does this? Besides a rigid material is there any flexible film that one could stretch around a frame to have a temporary sun porch? Thank you for any responses.

alexwilliamrussell st. paul, mn

2. USCGRET/E8

USCGRET/E8 Senior Chief

There are mirrored window tints available but will work in oposite at night if you have lights on inside. ie. you can't see out, but people could look in.

3. Agewon

Agewon Junior Member

Funny i just read this. Try tempered glass, heavily sandblasted, like the one in my sandblaster i just tried to use. Lots of light, no clarity!!!

4. USCGRET/E8

USCGRET/E8 Senior Chief

There is a plastic film that is opaque if you don't care about being able to see out. I have it on my garage doors. I would imagine that sooner or later, you'll want to look out though. Easiest method would be thin white curtains (sheers) like we use in our house.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.