Windknife trifoiler build

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by revintage, Dec 7, 2018.

1. revintage

revintage Senior Member

Just recieved this generous load of foil noses from Gareth at Windknife UK.

Also located 3”x0.058” tubing for the rear beam, will save 2kg wrt to the 70x2mm I earlier thougt I was forced to use.

662F1A68-784D-4F15-AB34-F2C6F09ECDBE.jpeg

2. revintage

revintage Senior Member

Until recently I was into using an old T-mast, but decided to use it as flag pole in my garden instead:D.

Bought one and was given three broken Goodall F18 masts and will instead splice two pieces from them, to make the 8,2m mast. If this works out as it should, I will also build a 9,5m mast for my widened Nacra 5.8 Frankencat with Inter 20 main. Got tremendous help from Canadian Tornado-guru Geoff Dobbs with the blind rivet diamond pattern and the splicing/sleeving technique.

Made short experimental sleeves, the ordinary will be 60cm long when splicing the mast. The sleeve is made in two pieces due to the internal webs. Lots of grinding also needed on the forward sleeve.

flatmast6.png IMG_3888.jpg IMG_3889.jpg IMG_3898.jpg IMG_3914.jpg IMG_3895.jpg

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.