Wilson flyer

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by portlandoz, Jan 2, 2013.

1. portlandoz

portlandoz New Member

I am looking to start a boat build of a Wilson flyer, this year.. I have the knowladge for fiberglassing, engine and aux parts.. but always a time when one needs a hand, from someone who knows! are there any people in the Portland Weymouth area here that could if needed be called apon.. the same the other way as I have a lot of experience with small boats and maintenance of them:)

2. 805gregg

805gregg Junior Member

That's one ugly boat, maybe check out Anderson custom boats in Santa Barbara Ca. they make a 17' Greenough design. Look on Bloody Decks in the check out my boat forum, Anderson Greenough 17, this boat will perform in rough water.

3. Richard Woods

Richard Woods Woods Designs

I think you'll find he's in the UK (Portland/Weymouth is where the sailing Olympics were held last year).

Sorry I don't know anyone who can help you, but I will be in Swanage in a couple of weeks

Richard Woods

4. portlandoz

portlandoz New Member

The A-10 Thunderbolt (Warthog) is one ugly plane.. but also one of the safest and sturdiest.. Thats why I am building a flyer.. its a good platform and also stable in sloppy seas!.. And yes Portland UK is from where I hail:p

5. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member