Wilson Flyer hull as a start

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by arthor, Apr 21, 2008.

1. arthor

arthor Junior Member

Hello all, new here.
    Thinking of my options (have posted in another thread about my build options)

Here is my get a hull option. I intend doing some UK and euro inland stuff. Want channel hop and coastal ability though as well. Whale and dolphin watching, photographyetc. Apparently dories are really stable platforms and I reckon their shallow draught makes for a good inland cruiser. I know that they are not necessarily brill when there is a chop but I don't intend being out there in heavy weather and would intend putting in a decent sterndrive to race to shore if I needed to. I know they are ugly but I am developing a bit of a soft spot for them. The Wilson Flyer 24 seems well made ( a bit rough and ready) and surely the increased size would make it handle a fair chop reasonably well. Can anyone offer any opinions or advice on this???

arthor