how to design my own sailboat

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Jort Faber, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Jort Faber

Jort Faber New Member

I am 12 years old and want to design and build my own boat. I already made the general arrangement plan and build sequence plan. Now I need assistance with making the necessary calculations of the design. Can anybody help?

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Can you post what you have up to now? Photos or scans of your drawings.

3. Richard Woods

Richard Woods Woods Designs

Good luck with your project. You may find this thread interesting (and amusing). Little Idea is now 15 so only a bit older than you when he started designing and building

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthr...ls-into-my-boat-Im-building-but-dont-know-how

Google "yacht design book" and you will see many options, depending on the boat you are drawing. There are also a number of websites and youtube videos that tell you how to do the basics.

Richard Woods of Woods Designs

www.sailingcatamarans.com

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.