Wild Oats XI(CBTF) WINS 2008 Sydney Hobart(Well,I hope!)

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Doug Lord, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

Gets me through and..... the chicks dig it, big time.

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Errrr Chris, Chris, I I seem seem to to detect detect a double posting :D:D:D

Meanz, See ya later - - I am going out to spend some of my 1400 baby-boomer bonus.... :D:D:D:D

3. Meanz Beanz

Meanz Beanz Boom Doom Gloom Boom

[​IMG]

Chicks or mutton :D :p :p ?

4. Meanz Beanz

Yeah, enjoy my taxes and kiss Kevin & Julia for me :p

5. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

Beany,

Maybe you missed it in your rush to judgement?

There was a neat little twisted-up smiling face inserted in the copy so that you could simplify the take into what it was all about... humor, my man, humor.

Learn to laugh at yourself and you'll be in a much better place. Virtually all the rest of us here have regular bouts of self-deprecation and hey.... it works. What do ya know? Humor takes all the edges and polishes them clean.

Now, please, lower your threshold, get a smile on that mug of yours and be a regular guy. Nobody called you out, you brought it with you. You've been given my email address for a direct communication, if you like and I can't think of anything else that is going to work for you, if you still have more on your mind.

So, how about it? We all let it go as to the hard edged stuff and just have fun.... or write me.. or not.

I'm just not interested if you want to toss it out there like you have.

6. masalai

masalai masalai

You pay taxes? still?

7. Meanz Beanz

I can't help it I still make money...

Oh Chris....what makes you think I'm not laughing?

8. masalai

masalai masalai

So, Robinson? but not in Australia....

9. Meanz Beanz

Thats a little dodgy Mas... ssssshhhhhhhhhh Now the ATO... they have no humour about these things, not to mention Centerstink!

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Now there was a decent fellow (Atilla the Hun) - - A right charmer by all accounts.... :D:D:D his spirit pervades, even to this day....? and a pirate?

11. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

Wild Oats XI

I wrote something last year that seems appropo this year. Sorry,its about the actual race-can't help myself:
    "Wild Oats XI was the first boat across the finish line. She sailed the course faster than any other boat. She won the race and did it for the fourth consecutive time-the only time ever any boat has done that.
    Congratulations to the boats that placed well on corrected time, but there was only one boat that finished the race first."
    See you next year-maybe they'll let multies in-that would be outstanding. Something for the new Wild Oats XII monofoiler to race......

12. Meanz Beanz

Your a sick man Doug, get some help with that sailing affliction.... it will cost you.

13. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

Thank you. A little help from my friends......

14. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

Wild Oats XI----again?

From todays scuttlebutt Europe(for the whole article go to their site):
    "A Record In Reverse
    Bob Oatley's thoughts about going for a fifth consecutive line honours in the Rolex Sydney Hobart race with his supermaxi Wild Oats XI have already been ignited after the yacht sailed back into Sydney Harbour from Hobart early today in a time that was well inside the course record for the race south.

With only its smallest jib and the cruising mainsail set, Wild Oats XI rode a strong south westerly wind away from Hobart on Thursday and arrived back in Sydney Harbour just 1 day 16 hours later. The passage was more than two hours faster than the record time the yacht posted for the 628 nautical mile Hobart race in 2005.

Making the passage even more remarkable was the fact that Wild Oats XI had only two regular crew on board; delivery skipper Troy Tindill, and Josh Whittaker. The 11 others were sailing friends who were there to help get the big boat back home from Hobart. "

15. masalai

masalai masalai

So my point about the return race may have some validity? a race down, a couple of days to regroup then race back, all on staggered start for a "massed finish" and open to all boats then there will be a "Handicap winner" and a "Fastest time" for the "I got a big ****" boys....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.