Wii controller for a canoe

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by troy2000, Sep 23, 2010.

1. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

A switch, is a switch, is a switch.

3. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I was impressed nonetheless; the combination of servo motors and wireless controller seems to be a convenient one.:)

4. PAR

The wireless controller does seem to have a wire . . . it is pretty cool home made stuff none the less.

5. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

You're right. One of the drawbacks of watching Utube videos on low-resolution work monitors, I guess. If I'm going to screw off properly on company time, I should bring my laptop to work.:D

6. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

That was a joke, and it has squat to do with unionization. The reality is that between rounds and tasks I spend a good chunk of my 12-hour shifts sitting in the control room--because it has all the monitors, Panelview screens, alarms, readouts, connections to valve stations, remote engine controls, etc.

I assure you that if you go prying into non-union control rooms across the country, you'll also find an operator checking forums and email, reading the news, or listening to music on one of his multiple computer monitors, particularly while he's eating his lunch or taking a coffee break.

I don't know who PNG is, and I don't care whether you buy their stock or not. But you could do a whole lot worse than buying ours; we're in better shape than our non-union competitors in the natural gas transmission business--because of the people working here, not in spite of them.

In other words, kiss my booty and take your anti-union bs elsewhere....:D

1 person likes this.
  7. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

I'm just ribbin' ya. Ya sure are sensitive. :)

I really did mean it, though.;);)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  8. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Yeah, I know I'm over-sensitive. I've heard it too many times from idiots who really mean it, I guess....it gets tiresome:(

Believe it or not, we actually have an official written policy that allows use of company computers for personal reasons, as long as it doesn't interfere with our duties. Of course, they have the usual caveats: no running our own business during working hours; no ***********; no gambling; no illegal activities. They don't want us actually having fun at work....

9. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I saw that video. The man has too much money and time to play :D Limited range and slow. Lets face it guys, in todays world you need something that can keep up.

Have a look at this and tell me it's not an improvement !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQyG0LGB6Og

10. PAR

11. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Your first link would be fine with another person in it, but the second one I can see is going to become very popular, especially around Sunday afternoons... And the guy could have used a bit wider canoe there, good grief.

12. PAR

The second one is the kind you wish would drive past you, while you were on the shore with a BB gun.

13. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I was more thinking the motor would disintigrate for no aparent reason.

30-06 with a silencer.

14. PAR

You don't want to kill the engine Fanie, you want to worry the skipper about the noises, so he starts dancing around looking for stuff, when his movement causes the thing to capsize and does the deed for us.

15. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

If you nip the blade so it goes off center it may do the trick. Or nick the fuel line so it catches fire. Even better nick his butt just below the waterline, I bet he won't be back for a while.

I was going to suggest you let the marines know it's a matter of national security, but from what I've seen in these US movies they'll probably blow the whole river up.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.