wiggle drive propulsion application

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by SudorracMechEng, May 7, 2012.

1. kjell

kjell Senior Member

When they dont understand how SwashDrive and WiggleDrive is moving the fins. They start to talk about propellers.

2. spork

spork Previous Member

Perhaps they are talking about propellers because the parallels are extensive. Propellers are also the most common means of propulsion in power boats, and therefore an obvious point of comparison.

Ultimately the wiggle drive and propeller use specialized wings to create lift that pushes you forward. The comparison seems unavoidable to me.

3. variverrunner

variverrunner Junior Member

Wiggle drives

Spork,

The fact that boats have been sailing faster than the wind speed for probably more than 100(s?) years seems pretty unavoidable to me to. Counter intuitive? Really? If sail boats sail faster, then ...... Your rig is interesting, but how is it actually relevant to wiggle drives?

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

For Petes sake spork once you can accept that a piston does not accelerate and decelerate all for free we can talk. The fact that it can stamp STD ( do you know what that is) in the cylinder head should help you.

The subject of a Turbine in a car would be silly as you should well know, as Jay Lenno with his turbine bike does. I don't think Mr and Mrs willson would be able to even start one.

You have an incredible ability to annoy and I don't realy want to talk with you, but Ille stay calm and composed.

I tell you what Ille converse with you if you can post a sentence where I said a turbine is more efficient than a piston engine. Just 2 words in the one sentence.

5. kjell

kjell Senior Member

The way propellers are produsion thrust, has nothing to do with the way occilating fins are produsing thrust. They are using diferen hydrodynamic roles.

6. variverrunner

variverrunner Junior Member

Wiggle drives

Spork,

Wow. Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

Allan

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

He was born on the wrong side of the bed.

Joke joke only joking Geeesh.

8. spork

spork Previous Member

They haven't. And they darn sure have never sailed DIRECTLY downwind faster than the wind - steady state.

Actually, once you can accept that it does, then we can talk. Accelerating the piston back and forth burns no extra gas - because it requires no additional net energy. It's all about internal forces.

Actually I don't need any "help" since I know exactly what I'm talking about. How much more gas do you suppose a piston engine burns to make those pistons go back and forth over a Wankel that doesn't have to do all that work? Ans: ZERO. It's all internal forces.

You claimed they'd be far more efficient because they don't have to send those pistons back and forth. It's a trivial matter to make a turbine engine start with a key just like a piston engine. So why don't they put them in our cars?

They put them in radio controlled planes and helicopters. I have a friend that put four of them under a very small wing, and he jumps out of an airplane using these engines to propel him.

People that can't admit when they're wrong are very easily annoyed when corrected.

You asked me to post it a couple of pages ago - and I did.

Wrong. Both use airfoils to create lift. There are some differences - some better - some worse - but they both are simply wings moving through water.

I woke up on the wrong forum - one where everyone wants to attack me because they can't simply admit when they are wrong... one where people go off an all tangents and then scream when I respond because I'm not talking about wiggle drives.

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Good morning spork --is 6 hours sleep enough for you.

Not good enough, post the sentence with efficiency of turbine over piston engine or give up, you know I never said that. Im not playing any more annoying games.

10. kerosene

kerosene Senior Member

Kjell, your statement of "different hydrodynamic roles" needs a bit more explanation. Easily sounds like pseudo science if vague terms are thrown around.

What makes the oscillating airfoil different to one moving linearly or one spinning around an axis?

I cannot see what would be different.

11. spork

spork Previous Member

You did say it, and you're playing annoying games right now.

Now, tell me why we don't see them in all our cars.

12. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Post it then!! Thats all you got to do. :cool:

13. spork

spork Previous Member

I've posted it - yet again. See immediately above. Or is this just a part of your annoying game?

Here, I guess I'll just post it every single time you request it:

Now, tell me why we don't see them in all our cars.

Or you can just tell me to post it again. And then you can tell me again that you don't want to play annoying games.

14. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Enjoy bickering with ole Spork, I've got to get some work done. Stuff of my own design mind you.

Cheers
    B

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012

15. spork

spork Previous Member

We'll compare "your own designs" with my patents when you're ready.

My designs are being enjoyed by millions of people every day. And no one has stepped forward to claim they are not original.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.