WHY................... Hate me for nothing

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wellydeckhand, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Wellydeckhand

Wellydeckhand Previous Member

Ok,

Gilly, mentioned I should do a thread on junk boat and I was curious if we can design or put in lines that is more practicle and fast for a junk to gain subsistance speed......... maybe alook aspect of old design, new thinking.

However, I do believe that some........ just some of the forum member for what I am, I cant change my identity being a INDONESIAN chinese, I was born one, the chinese junk boat represent some thing bad for some, I asume........

Why asume when u dont know? For a fact of bad reputation given without a trace of explaination for the fun of the killing the spirit of the person maybe better than watching DVD on lastest movie.

You can do it, I mean give all the unexplained rep without explaination because u are not happy of nothing.

I think the moderator can check the person if repeated cases of bad rep is given for no explanation......... just in case it is really for personal hatred.

I loved this forum, just had if the hate come from a person who just cruise for fun on people bad feeling.:(

A guy get -80 rep and sell boat with funny name they think it is chinese, a supplier of chinese fibermatt and they gang thrash him, now because some other member tell me to try a thread and its about an outdated boat someone clean my point.

I am again dont mind what you do to my rep, but a man must really responsible by explain my mistake in the post and not out of some unkown hate for it content.

Some people from europe does like junk boat, they have a JUNK RALLY at Stavanger from August 2006.

wellydeckhand

P.S. I see prove of people attacking member that suspect chinese and would see us out............... hope i am just delusive about my feeling.

2. SeaSpark

SeaSpark -

Dear Welly,

I would never dislike you becouse you are from asia, i have asian people in my family.

Once i gave you a negative rep (and commented it) . and made a (very polite) remark about the symbolism in you avatar
    Shortly after that you write
    well my only (and uncommented) negative rep point came from you for the comment i made on your avatar. This is not a good way to make friends.

I like you obssion with junks and their rigs but think there are enough threads now on this subject. There is no need to provide a link to page and after that copieing a complete site from this link to the forum.

In other threads you comments are not always helping the discussion.

Still no enemies and would like to visit you if i ever come to Indonesia, hope these suggestions help.

(Edit: think your avatar in current form is not offencive, the marker on wall version was.)

3. Wellydeckhand

My avatar show I am a buddism........ u dont understand it and spur comment on my right to use it without PM. I gave u a bad rep for your not understand and happy finger. Later we found out all people were unhappy about hilter with the other design......... u see.

I like Holland cause there is a community of people in my town that i do business with. They see no problem.

I think people should use PM -Private message before making the kill. I am not really cash in on rep because I know u can live a negative rep in the forum, Just a bit of explain could be easier.

I dont hate anybody, welcome I can PM you my address and we have a ball in a bar......... if u drink.

About the posting, I am sorry if that is a wrong way to do it. Some people can have low in post but live in the net, I am new to the net............

I will stop entry to the junk section as now............ i have no intention to people hate the junk. Just some web page disappear and link not valid lead me to copy the content for safe keeping , nothing else.

Hope u guy can provide more info on junk cause I dont want to put anymore resource because it might be treated as bull from a chinese.

different from other nation boosting about their vessel................ For me maybe building it quiet will be the best course of action, I will learn swimming also just in case sinking

Thanks for th warning.

WDH

edit: I gave you that bad rep inconjuction with the joke reply to my thread on stone horse....... which entry have been deleted by the admin.

4. hansp77

hansp77

Forgive me if I am wrong,
    but Welly,
    I think that the joke reply to your stone horse thread was from me,
    I mentioned that I had just recieved the plans to my Van De Stadt Seahorse,
    this was serious, if somewhat irrelevant (I was just pretty stoked and wanted to tell someone)
    the joke was some silly reference to the flinstones cartoon, and outdated methods of boatbuilding,
    If that at all that offended you,
    then sorry,
    I was simply mixing a little silly humour into a sort of serious post,
    something you yourself are commonly gulity of (and which I mostly enjoy).

The post did get deleted, possibly by the admin, but
    (correct me if I am wrong jeff or admin)
    It seemed to be deleted at the exact moment that I unsubscribed to the thread-
    now I don't know if this deletes a entry, it seemed to, but maybe it was just coincedence.

Just my bit on the whole swasticker thing,
    I too think that that symbol is just plain innapropriate, antagonistic and confrontational. I don't know if this was intentional by you, but from the impression that I have gotten of you from reading your posts, I seriously doubt you would have intended such offence.
    It is a shame really, because as you say the symbol itself is much older than the nazi dark patch in history that claimed it as its own, and itself within its buddist context stands for something very positive.
    Unfortunately, out of its buddist context, it seems to have been indellibly stained by what was done in its name.
    I could not think of a more delicate and polite way that SeaSpark could have alerted you to the fact that he found your avatar innapropriate. Considering the seriousness of what that symbol stood for, I wouldn't get too offended by some mundane negative reputation. If anything, this is what something like rep points are good for.

On that, don't worry Welly,
    considering that you post so often, you are bound to attract more rep points, good or bad. While there will always be nasty predjudiced people out there in the world, from whater nation culture or ethinicity, one shouldn't just jump to conclusions.
    I for one appreciate what you bring to this forum, and from what race or nationality or religion or whatever you come from has no bearing on this whatsoever. I despise racism and predjudice, and I optimistically think it would be safe to assume the majority of others on this site do too.
    Don't let the minority (if they even exist here) get you down.
    Also, this whole rep thing,
    if it upsets you, just ignore it, its just a damn number.

Keep up the interesting posts, and keep your chin up.
    I think that you have more freinds here than you may sometimes think.

P.S. I like chinese junk boats too...

Hans.

5. Wellydeckhand

Ok, I better change prescription for my aging eye........... no worry........... This thread turn into confession box which I think crazy............:)

That logo is similiar to shurinji KEMPO if anybody have heard of it.:)

Anyway its my path problem and now wiser in the way of a symbol draw unwanted attraction.

I will be less active so everybody can have peace and quite.......:)

6. hansp77

hansp77

Forgive me Welly,
    for I have sinned..

He he..

You should post as much as you feel you should.
    Peace and quite on a forum?
    Sounds pretty boring to me.
    Less active?
    What are you going to do,
    hibernate in a cave like a little old Tibetan yogi?
    Come on Welly,
    Don't make threats you don't intend to keep.
    I suspect (and hope) we shall hear a bit more from you yet.

7. Wellydeckhand

I found an ancient boat builder age 63 Name SID NIXON of Australia....... he use to work in the biggest aluminium manufacturing facilities in downunder.He build a 100 ft schooner with automatic hydraulic mast at year 1988.........

He have over bitter experience of the boatbuilding businese since he wa 15 age. I am sure he will tell me more and learn from him. I was more doing confirmation work on what he is teaching me slowly by reading on post.........:)

He think I am crazy when we talk of Junk just now........ he think I should get a plank at me bottom. ( not until I tell him about the hull redesignhe........ )

I say only wont touch the Junk thread started by me , doesnt mean all the other thread. I am learning alot and think of starting westlawn long distant education soon, with help of local ship designer, I would be ok. Will have less time on the forum for sure.:)

8. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

I gave that person quite a few negative rep points because
    1.) first he duplicate and cross posted something like 13 different "for sale" threads in the design forum that had nothing to do with boat design (now deleted), and
    2.) not only did he really spam the forum, but the last offer was a fishy and rude in my book -- no design, sketches, detailed specs or info, photos etc. but he said "we can build a boat that's just like this design from a respected member of the forum that they have shown in their gallery" -- that to me is bad form to come brand new to the forum and offer to build something that's "just like" another designer's hard work and beautiful design without compensation to them obviously.

I guess I could take all the info you've gathered in your marina thread and approach your friends, investors, future customers and say "hey, I know you don't know me, but I'm going to buy the property right next to Welly's and provide you with a marina just like he was going to build for a three cents less." Would you rate me down because I was an american, or because my behavior made me a jerk?

9. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I have a little violin for rent

10. Wellydeckhand

Sorry what I mean the person may be not even chinese the guy with -86, people just assume it is chinese. er......... I gave him negative point also of the fact he say similiar mean he copy.........:) I dont like people taking the plan of other people for granted unless it is apublic announced free plan.

I know what you mean Jeff about the marina story, that's why all info on this forum is a reference for learning not copying 100%, a Cheat is simple to smell in the long run................. be patient:)

wellydeckhand

11. Wellydeckhand

I am not that depressed yet guy........ thanks for the offer:)

12. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Actually probably a bad example on my part... but I think you got my point anyway (and I didn't mean anything bad at all about the marina thread - even though I didn't have anything to contribute I found it interesting to see your plans develop in a region of the world where you can actually do such a projet by yourself)

We've seen quite a number of wonderful designs in the gallery from saildesign - so for a new person to signup only to post that they can provide an inexpensive "simlar design" without any details of their own is rude, suspect, and all of the above in my book. I can't speak for others, but my vote had nothing at all to do with the fact that "the -86 poster" was chinese - if someone living next door to me spammed the forum or posted the same "buy a cheaper copy of welly's design for less" I would have downvoted them equally as quickly.

1 person likes this.
  13. Wellydeckhand

Thanks................. I know the forum always in good hand, that why i like and know the professional design earn their bread from real sweat. ;)

14. Wellydeckhand

My intentioned to include picture of boat within junk circumnavigation is not a check list to copy but type I think support the idea of a suitable junk that is long passage, maybe a little promotion cant do any harm to those beautiful design. My design still sort of look alike the original item......... for my dad ........ retirement present.................:)

15. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

gonzo, ,,,,,,,,,,,,you just aint right,,,, you could at least offer a mop.longliner

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.