structure design example

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by issac82, Dec 23, 2010.

1. issac82

issac82 Junior Member

Can somebody provide me complete example of structure design of a ship?

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

What are you trying to do? Most libraries have examples of ships.

3. issac82

issac82 Junior Member

I want complete structure design example from initial design to production stage.What all calculations are involved and how are they done means completetheoretical background.

Thanx

4. sorenfdk

sorenfdk Yacht Designer

Go to school - study naval architecture!

5. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Any Naval Architecture firm will sell you plans for a ship. Otherwise go to the library and check on old plans. Do you want to build a ship?

6. Ike

Ike Senior Member

The reason you are getting these kinds of answers is that there is no simple answer to your question. Ships are the largest and most complex structures built by humans. Some people spend many years learning to do what you are asking to be handed to you. In my earlier years I worked in the Naval Architecture Department of a shipyard and we had several hundred people doing design work, each one specializing in a very small part of the ship. So what you are asking for is not simple.

If all you are looking for is basics then get a book on Naval Architecture (I'm sure you have technical libraries in China) and study it. It will give you the examples you are looking for.

7. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Isaac, I went back through your previous posts on this forum. It is obvious you are a student because you have asked questions about structure, sizes (scantlings) and stability. You need to be more specific when asking a question. Very general questions will not get you the answers you are looking for. If you are having a problem forming the question, (your english seems to be pretty good, it's a lot better than my chinese), then maybe you can find someone at your school who can help you make the question more specific.

Where are you studying? What school?

8. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Most NAs end up working in sections of a ship. I think very few will ever design every detail of one.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.