Why are there no PWC/ Jet Skis with V-Twin Harley-Style Engines?

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by Chris Hall, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

No mate, the middle one is orange, it means" redline the motor now".

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Hmmm I dont think they are orange here, kinda amber colour ,-but then again I dont look it it too much ,--they make me dizzy flashing off and on like that.

Red line the motor?? but I was pushing it.

3. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

but I was pushing it.........

that phrase has two meanings.....you were physically walking next to the bike as you wheeled it along....or that you were hard fisting the throttle, pushing it to its limit.........I refer to the later meaning.

Now, Enfields, as anchient as they are, I would expect that you were walking alongside it at the time referrenced.......

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Na mate,- I was pushing it, you don't expect me to ride through traffic lights do you.

Na again,-- the RE is in Malaysia, Im talking of Thailand where I have a Suzuki 1400 intruder and Elephansts dont have brake lights. Yes they stop at lights too but the hand brake is crap and tend to creep a bit. Plus they got this big swingy thing on the front that comes over and sniffs your headlamp,---and other bits.

Its not much better pulling up behind them for obvious reasons.

5. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Suzuki 1400 intruder.......emmmmm, sort of makes all my bikes look weeny.

Oh well, happy fume sniffing anyhow mate.

I thought I read before that you brought back the RE with you, must have misunderstood (or did not read properly anyhow, which I often do, same as my speelin, don;t bother chechen my tyipping very often.

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

No No No yes its easy,--- House in Thailand,--- Intruder 1400 and a small Suzuki crystal for bar hoping and supermarket.

Malaysia and boat,-- I went to India an brought back an Re with me.

I brought from Thailand on the boat an AJS coffee shop racer 250.

Thats 4 bikes.

7. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

please frosty stop this racist language (!) POM......if you was black would you want to be called a ****** or if german a Krout ..or french a Frog ...so top this you bad boy ...ha ha

stay cool but not frosty ...ha ha

We dont have Traffic lights in Noosa ..roundabouts cus we is Eco friendly ( no leccy required )

8. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

9. mark775

mark775 Guest

Well, it's an authentic Harley - All those pictures, and in none of them is it running!

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Yes there is. In one picture a boat is running, there is water coming out of the exhaust , sounds great, press the sound button.

11. apex1

apex1 Guest

That was exactly what I expected after getting you a 120.000 € engine for 45.000$ which your customer did not pay!

12. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

"That was exactly what I expected after getting you a 120.000 € engine for 45.000$ which your customer did not pay! Or didnt you have the project?
    "

Apex, are you referring to the 100 footer project that I was doing in China, if so, I private messahed you a few times explaining my customer was owed a lot of money and it did not come through, what are you talking about here please?

13. apex1

apex1 Guest

yes....................

14. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Apex,

I am sorry to read your bitter comments mate,

Please re read my messages to you, how can you possibly say that I did not pay when I clearly stated that my customer was in serious trouble, long before any supposed deal was made to buy these engines.

I seriously cannot see where I have done anything wrong to you for such comments, but I also appologise profoundly if you do really feel this bad about the engine bit, I had no idea till now that there was any sort of problem.

………………………………………………….
    From yourself to me:
    03.27.2009 11.16PM
    03.27.200903-27-2009, 11:16 PM03-27-2009, 11:16 PM
    Hi,

I got a answer, but not the one I wanted. They still fear the IMO regulations. I told them now I want the engines as a bedroom decoration.
    You know I want one for my newbuild as well? Unfortunately we do´nt lay the keel before September, that might be to late. Nobody will believe, that the engine was istalled in 2008 already!?
    Anyway, focus on your project.
    Maybe if I offer a sum, instead of waiting for a quotation, makes life easier.
    What does your customer expect? Something in the 140.000$ ballpark I reckon?
    Your destination port is Hongkong or Shenzen?

Regards
    Richard
    ……………………………………………………
    03.28.2009 11.00AM

15. apex1

apex1 Guest

Sorry Lubs! Could not see how you would know my biking experience.........
    Did not say YOU did´nt pay, just that your client did not.
    And yes I did comment a bit bitter, I had to buy both engines at the end. But will use one for myself as mentioned and sure will sell the other.
    Richard

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.