Why A Jet Drive?

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by Submarine Tom, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

And the very same to you my friend!

Glad to hear you haven't lost interest.

Standing-by...

-Tom

2. baeckmo

baeckmo Hydrodynamics

Ok Tom, attached another headache, dealing with the pump technology. After some digging in old sediments I found a test report on a pump with performance close to the preliminary optimum I calculated before.

Next I will deal with the inlets, beeing the root of ethernal misunderstandings among boaters (and, in fact among some waterjet manufacturers as well!!!!).

Attached Files:

3. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

baeckmo,

Thanks for your recent efforts.

It appears the inefficiency of a jet drive may not be outweighed by the advantages (i.e. directable thrust, concealed moving parts, and other unknown potential positive benefits).

Also, the time delay and lack of dialogue aren't helping me to make an informed decision about attempting a jet drive in my unique application.

So, I am abandoning the idea.

-Tom

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.