Narrow Boats

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by gator51, Jun 19, 2008.

1. gator51

gator51 New Member

Greeting Y'all,
    I have searched and searched online to no avail,so maybe you guys can help,
    I am looking for construction plans for a 50+ narrow boat/canal boat,can anyone point me in the right direction please

thanks and have a great day/afternoon/night

2. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Have a look for a business called Bolton profiles, I think they do kits or cutting files for them. All the best from Jeff.

3. Greenseas2

Greenseas2 Senior Member

Narrowboat desing

There are many narrowboat designs on the net. Selway Fisher has at least two available for purchase. One is for a steel narrowboat and the other for a plywood version. One design that I have not found is a design for a wide beam narrowboat that would be great for cruising areas where there is either a relatively mild chop or large wakes caused by inconsiderate boater. Changing the specs from a Fisher designed narrowboat to a wide beam version shouldn't be too difficult. Check out, www.SelwayFisherdesigns.com

4. gator51

gator51 New Member

thanks guys,i was looking for bolton online didnt find them,anyway i was look for free plans online too and come up empty

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.