who can use software to build a design..

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Verytricky, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Verytricky

Verytricky Large Member

Outline plan:

Attached Files:

2. yipster

yipster designer

sure, could be drawn in freeship and have specs in michlet
    for hydrodynamics i have a momentairy blackout, please fill me in couse
    the ventilation and steps wont be all that simpel and need thinking and checking
    who am i to say but think pc may give even better indications than a model
    for a (model) build however devellopable drawings may be the way to go
    i know darn little bout RBR and feel a bit donald "duckish" here now
    there were some wiser reply's before me on winning a Round Britain Race
    importing MS VRML to freeship but see i first have to set VRML version back,
    ah, keeps me bissy, anybody looked at it ?

3. yipster

yipster designer

should have said what came up first: you like his V boats so did you check okke mannersfeld?
    if you like i can send a cd with hundreds of collected PDF papers on porpoising and hydro whatever
    i collected but savitsky, grough and other calculations i should have said instead michlet witch is not for planing
    otto may like to see bladerunners history but what crap did i yep bout models, no man, this is a tall order.
    if i remember well saildesign has also experience with fast boat designs and his english is examplary :D

Attached Files:

4. Verytricky

Verytricky Large Member

The design is out in the real world now, and we have taken three models from the plug/mould we made. One boat is fitted with engine and goes on the water for testing, the second is off to test some aerodynamics in a wind tunnel, and the third sits in my bedroom taking up all the space!

FWIW, This design to working model has taken over 600 days. So the design is now about 3 years out of date. I need to find a way to reduce the 'lead time' as I have already altered the design in my head, to include 'tiplets', which I have tested on the V24, and which are very successful!

Attached Files:

• 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      178.7 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      185.1 KB
      Views:
    • 06.jpg
      06.jpg
      File size:
      296.2 KB
      Views:
    • 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      52 KB
      Views:
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      245.8 KB
      Views:
    1 person likes this.
  5. Verytricky

Verytricky Large Member

This HULL soon to be built!

6. Verytricky

Verytricky Large Member

The topsides for this design have been completely redesigned by another to fit into P1 class rules on open canopies, and to fit into the new marithon class running in the UK.

However - the running surfaces are going to be a copy from my design. So this is very good news. I have sold my rights to this design to the boat builder to use in the 32 and 34 foot versions of the boat he is going to build. Work on the plug starts in the next few weeks, so I am completely very happy with the prospect of seeing the real life version running soon.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.