which university

Discussion in 'Education' started by Uli, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Uli

Uli Senior Member

witch university

Hallo
    I'm a prof. boatbuilder from germany.
    I'd like to study sailing boat design but I don't know witch university would be the best for this.
    I'd would be pleased if anyone could help me.
    thanks
    Uli:D

2. Stephen Ditmore

Stephen Ditmore Senior Member

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Hallo Stephen
    Thanks a lot for your mail.
    I know 2 people how have allready been in Southhampten and they both broke up after a while. Both told me that It woulden't be very good.
    What about the States or Neuseeland and Austrailier aren 't the same good ones ??
    Thanks so far
    yours
    Uli

4. Gades

Gades Senior Member

Hi Uli, two years ago I was a student at the second year of the course offered at Southampton Institute. I had three German mates, the three of them graduated (I broke up). You might be able to get in touch with them through Stephen Wallis at the Southampton Institute. I don't say that they will convince you to study there, it's just that they might have different opinions that the two guys you spoke with. Two of them did a few years of boatbuilding before taking the course.

Personally, I would go for an HND (if it's in the UK) or a more general Naval Architecture degree.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.