Which method is better for calculating shear force and bending moment of ship by usi

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by xichyu, May 18, 2016.

1. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I hope the attached image will help you, but my friend, seeing your question, my advice is that you study some theory of the ship, naval architecture, before trying to calculate the bending moments of the ship as a beam.
    Also study a little calculus, especially integrals because, without them, it is difficult for you to calculate anything relative to how a boat floats. At least, get a good software for CAD naval , but it will not do much if you do not know the theory.
    Snap16.jpg

2. Aleksey

Aleksey Junior Member

Thanks for info.

I just want to introduce myself. I am 34 years old. I am a Captain of the 10000 GRT container vessel. And not so bad Captain :) During my Chief Officer life I have calculate very easyly stability calculations by hand but for BM and SF we are always have used Cargo Soft. And few weeks ago I have made stability calculation program for my vessel in Excel and for me remaining only BM and SF calculation. In my life I have never calculate this. That's why I found this very nice forum to ask questions from more experience people. This topic very interesting for me, for my self knowledge and self educations.

3. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I'm sorry that my words could have bothered you. Simply put, your post # 60 question seemed disappointing. I thought that if you did not know that, the help I could give you was going to be very meager.
    Having said all that, if you believe my help can be helpful, I am willing to continue.
    To encourage you, I will tell you that many NAs have never had to make that calculation, and, as you will see in this thread, it is difficult for some members of the forum to decide to explain their method and to help.

4. Aleksey

Aleksey Junior Member

All is OK!!!! I know, that I have some gaps in theoretical educations :) But If You will help me with my calculations I will very appreciated

5. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

6. Aleksey

Aleksey Junior Member

If You have time, I can give You Bonjean Tables and You can show me how to do it for my loading. Also I can attached all necessary drawings (tanks drawings, bays and etc.)

Anyhow, is my SF and BM is correct calculations ?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.