anyone help with my KAAMA's

Discussion in 'Surface Drives' started by hatterick, Jul 20, 2012.

1. hatterick

hatterick Junior Member

Hi folks, can anyone out there tell me were I can get service manuals for my kaama drives, or tell me what to look for and how to service them.:?:

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Immediate response with a cheeky grin and a twinkling eye is " OooooMMMmmmmmmmmmm" whilst sitting in the Lotus position...

Apart from that, - WTF is it and why not google the make, model and other details on the makers plat/serial# attached to the device?

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/surface-drives/kaama-surface-drives-38465.html - - - - Geees does your mommy still hold your hand to cross the road?

3. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Welcome to the forum. You won't find a service manual googling masali, I tried. They've been out of production for years. See if Kaamaman can help you.

4. masalai

masalai masalai

hehehe What no google response to "masalai" - I just got 225,000 in 0.27 if a second - None of me, except for here on boatdesign . . . But "KAAMA" gave me quite a bit of info including that the business is 'closed' and other links on parts and ancillary services and topics in USA...

So begs the question -

hatterick,
    Why not ask in a sensible manner and note that you HAVE initially searched the web, and other options and then be able to say:- - - this is the model, xxx (picture if available), is the one that I am seeking some workshop or other manuals for, - - and no luck so far, - - - - has any member got some data or other experience in repairing said surface drive, and where to find reliable parts?

It is nice to feel that the OP has indeed done some "homework" and been searching - - and can supply some background, like the company has gone out of business and then you will not attract people who have looked at the thread starter only to be somewhat "pissed off" by another lazy dummy that cannot find the 1800 phone number, or get off their lazy bums.... with a half-assed-question that begs derision in response...

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I just googled Kaama marine drives, 31 million hits.

What do you want,---- owners club, patent number----- 3 words

'Kaama marine drive'

6. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Please post the link then.
    He wanted *kaama service manuals*
    When I google Kaama marine drive I don't get any links to real kaama service manuals. That's why I said he wouldn't find them googling. Or is google giving you different links? If you got links to kaama service manuals with your search, please post them.

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

8. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Wipe your own nose before lecturing the guy about not finding what you can't find either. That's all I'm saying.

Yes, if you find any real kaama surface drive manuals online, post them please!

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Start with the owners club then!!!.

I already went out of my way to cut and post a conversation of two guys giving phone numbers wanting to exchange the manuals .---in America where you live.

Do you want me to phone them for you.....

10. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Are any posted online free already? :D

Post any links please.

11. masalai

masalai masalai

One link offered a 'pay as you use' **** site - I thought that inappropriate to post... :eek: :p

12. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

No need.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  13. masalai

masalai masalai

14. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Sorry too. When you said you were pissed at the OP for asking a "lazy dummy half-assed-question" I think his was a fair question because you can't find one in google. I think asking where to find a service manual or what manuals there were is a good question. I'll let it go now. Sorry to be so pissy myself over this.

15. masalai

masalai masalai

Well Frosty in his google search found a forum conversation on the user manuals and I found what the bloody thing was... - - sheeesh I bet the dummy did not even look, else he would have the link that frosty gave - and in your own backyard (USA)...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.