Where to get Linespan for Passenger ship?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by cewsun, Jul 14, 2010.

1. cewsun

cewsun Junior Member

Wow, Eric, your reply is very immediate! I was surfing..
    well, look like i got another two more new methods from you.. Ok, i will try out. The time is ticking, we had our class this morning and the lecturer had given us the second chance, by next wednesday, we should have our offset table and the drawing should start to draw in the studio. Cos we only have few weeks for the lines plan, then next will be GA, the schedule is so compact for this semester. :eek:

2. JRMacGregor

JRMacGregor Junior Member

Does it really have to be a pure passenger ship ?

The SNAME book Principles of Naval Architecture (Vol. 1) 1988 edition has the following;
    a) lines plan for a cargo/passenger liner of 1960s/70s vintage (on page 3)
    b) table of offsets for the same lines plan (on page 11)

3. cewsun

cewsun Junior Member

HI, JRMacGregor
    I personally think that, it is not necessary. Because my friends, from another group, 3 different groups, drawing for different boats, such as bulk carrier, container ship and LNG carrier (for LCG carrier, i m not so sure), yet they use the same souuce of offset table to do the modification. They claim that, since 3 of them are all displacement type vessel, their are more to U shape rather than V shape, therefore, they all use the same offset table. For me, since i m passenger boats which our lecturer require us to design it with 250 passenger boat, and therefore, I am still wondering if i took their offset table and draw directly... however, I m not sure whether it work or not. Therefore, if possible, ii really hope to get the exact passengers boat's offset table and lines plan. That will definitely ease my job a lot lot lot... Well, that for your reply. :p