Where to buy spars?

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by SpiritWolf15x, Apr 28, 2010.

1. SpiritWolf15x

SpiritWolf15x Senior Member

I'm needing a proper mast for my Buccaneer 33 as the mast it came with is 49' tall and off a mono... Completely useless as it doesn't rotate and isn't strong enough to power up properly.

Does anyone know where one could buy a 39-40 foot aluminum rotating section that would be suitable for for a foam B33?

Thanks

2. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

There are a number of mast manufacturers around, just do a google search for them. There may also be a once design class for the boat which should be able to point you to a supplier.

3. SpiritWolf15x

SpiritWolf15x Senior Member

Tried that... Was only useful for re-proving the fact that google is useless...

My dad's racing cat's spar is made in the states by a Ballard (?), anyone heard of them?

4. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

I thinkin' that you might be referring to Ballenger Spars http://www.ballengerspars.com/

A great spar and rigging outfit in Watsonville, California. Buzz Ballenger is highly regarded. He supplies complete rigs for a number of production boats, which are listed on their homepage.

5. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.