Where is the bang-head-against-wall smilie?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by tinhorn, Mar 4, 2008.

1. tinhorn

tinhorn Senior Member

So I'm preparing to move from the west coast to the east coast to be with my sweetie. Have a couple of houses to sell first. Nobody wanted to buy my business, so I'm working out a partnership agreement with the current staff. They do all the work, I get a piece of the action for doing nothing. Kinda thought I'd like to play with small boats after the move -- pedal-powered boats appeal to me.

So I'm kinda getting familiar with the state of the art in pedal boats. I find a couple tiny, old boats on eBay that I REALLY love -- happen to be old Aqua Lark designs. I find the boatdesign forums and am learning scads about boat design. Even published a book a couple weeks ago of reproduced human-powered boat patents from 1869 to 1962. I'm really looking forward to designing and building fun little low-speed pedal and/or paddle boats that look more like real boats than the plastic boxes you see nowadays.

So I'm clicking around on eBay today (where you can find all manner of weird stuff), and what do I see? The complete tooling for Aqua Lark boats (five models) at a price out of my range right now, even if I did have an east-coast shop set up. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130203106537&fromMakeTrack=true

Man, I'm drooling! My heart's desire, and me not in a position to make a move. I REALLY need that head-banging smilie.

2. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Been there ... frustrating.

But at the bottom he says he'll consider offers and he's in no hurry. You were creative in selling an interest in your business; use those juices again, the worst he can do is say "no" and you go back to head banging ... like now, no worse off. :)

3. tinhorn

tinhorn Senior Member

Yup, one never knows. Back in the day, I drooled over one particular kit car mold for over a year before I was able to swing it. On the bright side, who else is crazy enough to buy all that tooling, even if they do run across his craigslist ad where he's offering them for $10,000 less.

4. masalai

masalai masalai

May your gods bless your ambitions & the smilies are easy to make ":" followed by "D" = :D Keep the faith...

5. tinhorn

tinhorn Senior Member

Found it.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  6. charmc

charmc Senior Member

1 person likes this.
  7. masalai

masalai masalai

I like it! - - - Now I gotta remember where it is when I need it:D:D:D, To be fair, have sent appropriat "reps" payment to each:D:D:D:D

8. tinhorn

tinhorn Senior Member

Thanks, man - I tried to reciprocate on the rep points, but I'm not sure I have that figured out.

1 person likes this.

9. masalai

masalai masalai

nah, a gray one... you didn't tick the "good" box :D:D, nor make a comment & sign... I usually put my forum name with hyphens at either end "-masalai-"