where is my best place to sell a 1950's WageMaker

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by maeflye63, May 12, 2007.

1. maeflye63

maeflye63 New Member

Wasn't sure where to go on here, I don't want to bug anyone. But I need information on where is my best place to sell a 1950's WageMaker Wolverine Boat, Model 5 12 52 No motor or trailer. Is in excellent condition and I have lots of pictures.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for your time,
    Smiles
    maeflye63

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Not to be a butt head (though it's a skill I'm often accused of), the vast majority of small boat sales, including antiques are the purchasing of an engine, controls, steering, electronics and trailer, with the hull along for the ride as a storage bin for all the equipment.

Generally, there are several old boat groups in your area, look them up. Publications, news letters, news papers and specialty magazines are the traditional methods to get the word out.

As a rule, selling a "fix 'er upper" is difficult, old, incomplete, missing major components/hardware and wooden ones, more so. Try the local "antique boat" groups in your area.

3. maeflye63

maeflye63 New Member

There are no missing parts. This is even a style that doesn't have a steering wheel. It reminds me of a fancy fishing boat.
    I will try to post a pic
    And I am in Upper Michigan, haven't seen or heard of any old wood boat clubs around here. I know a motor and trailer are important but this boat is just so pretty.

Thanks for your time.
    Smiles ;)
    Donna M. Flye

Attached Files: