Where do I go?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Darryl, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Darryl

Darryl Junior Member

Hi folks,
    I’m looking for an undergraduate school for Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering. I want to be involved in every aspect of ship/boat design and construction. I’m already involved with aerospace design but there’s no future on it after 9/11. I’ve been “on the road” as a contractor for so long and the contracts don’t last. I’m feeling like a gypsy right now. I am new to this forum but have read and enjoy it for quite a while and would appreciate opinions of people like you.
    Thank you,
    Darryl

2. CDBarry

CDBarry Senior Member

If you really want to go into naval arch. as opposed to being a designer, look into UNO, U. Mich., Florida Atlantic or FIT, unless you can qualify for Webb (you may be too old - they have an age limit). UNO is a newer program and is really looking good, and it is at least in the right part of the country.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.