where can one buy ally plate in oz ?

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by boatboy72, Oct 9, 2008.

1. boatboy72

boatboy72 Junior Member

looking for marine aluminium supplyers in oz anny leeds would be aprciated thanks

2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

one steel , capral, gw james are you totally without the abilty to look?

3. boatboy72

boatboy72 Junior Member

no pall i work with steel and ally allday but thought that some good fallows who cuuld share there experiance of who is best to deal with from there expeariance would be good as i dont deal with marine grade after all arnt we here to help each other rather than to try and insault peaple in our answers or maybe your right my eyes are probably panted on

but thanks for the leads

4. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

I only buy light sheet and sections but there are a number of places within easy drive that I go to. Lately I have been going to Action Aluminium in Greens rd Dandenong.

Capral are just down the road from Action and can get almost anything.

Smart Aluminium are in Brighton st off Cheltenham rd Dandenong. I only go there if I cannot get the particular round bar I want from Action. Watch out for nails from packing crates in their car park.

The biggest local to me is Ullrich Noyes on Princess Highway at Clayton South. They are probably the largest on-site stockists and are more set up for trade quantities. They will certainly deal on volume.

If you are after a decent quantity it would pay to shop around. They all provide product catalogs and Ullrich used to publish a price list. Any reasonable quantity (like a few hundred dollars) and they would discount on the published price list.

Rick W

5. CTMD

CTMD Naval Architect

What exactly are you after? If its cut plate try Plate Alloy Australia www.platealloy.com for extrusions you've got the list above.

6. boatboy72

boatboy72 Junior Member

I would like to thank those who have taken the time to help me with my question

thanks once again

7. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

sorry I revved you boat, , good luck

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.