Marine Carb

Discussion in 'DIY Marinizing' started by TollyWally, Oct 20, 2009.

1. TollyWally

TollyWally Senior Member

Besides the flame arrester aircleaner and the inward turning vent tubes what makes a marine carb a marine carb. I've heard dockside rumors that you could make vent tubes out of brakeline and be ok. Who has an opinion?

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Yes you can bend brake lines and turn them in to a U. I assume you are talking Holley. On Q-Jets there is a little fiber plate on the rod for the acceleator pump in some models.

3. TollyWally

TollyWally Senior Member

Thanks Gonzo,
    I'm tired of fighting my old Holley carb and am in the market for another. The stock carb on my 454 is a 650 spreadbore single pumper with vacuum secondaries. The spreadbore is a bit of a ******* child in the Holley lineup and I would like to replace it with something more popular for future servicing.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.