Details of classic boat construction by Larry Pardey

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by apex1, Jul 28, 2009.

1. apex1

apex1 Guest

2. RHP

RHP Senior Member

Pardey has written some GREAT books about construction and maintenance. Find a few on Amazon and you`re spoilt for choice.

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Having met the man, he's a bigoted, arrogant *** that is blinded by his preconceptions.

1 person likes this.
  4. apex1

apex1 Guest

But the book is a joy to read Paul.

5. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I should qualify this with he wasn't in the best of spirits when I met him and his books, though clearly slanted have an entertainment value. I suspect most meeting me for the first time would have similar things to say.

6. apex1

apex1 Guest

Sure Paul? Only for the first time?:D

7. Oyster

Oyster Senior Member

Paul, its been noted on some faraway place that as we age and become a wee bit smarter, we do not always suffer through fools as easily, especially when we know best.;) :D I think we also can conclude that many feel the same way about us, the uninformed and not wise enough to keep it to themselves. This too might or could change but not in the recent current climate of our education system.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.