Nida Core question

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by sbklf, Sep 14, 2007.

1. sbklf

sbklf Junior Member

I am repairing a boat and using Nida Core for the sole. I purchased 25MM with 18oz wet laminated panels for the repair. I was surprised that I was able to peel the skin from the core fairly easily on the smaller scrap pieces I had left over. It looked like the skin was just adheared to the core with an adhesive or two sided tape. I called Nida and they do make a panel that is just adheared together but say I got the wet laminated panels. I will send samples to them for testing. Being a beginner at this I felt the panels with the skin already on would be easier to work with. The original Nida Core material from the boat is indestructible, I expected the same from the new material.

Do boat makers that use Nida Core for soles use the wet laminated panels like the ones I purchased or is there another form of it that gives a stronger bond between the core and the skins?