selway fisher

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by whitepointer23, Aug 13, 2012.

1. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

what do you blokes think of this little launch. i don't like outboard wells but it does look nice. i have a 25 merc and i thought a boat like this would be a good use for it. are selways plans good, i am not much of a wood worker but the lapstrake style stitch and glue looks fairly simple.

Attached Files:

2. CutOnce

CutOnce Previous Member

It isn't lapstrake, although it is stitch & tape.

Looks like a few have been built, which is a seriously good indication the designers have a lot on the ball.

Seems like a design with a nod to nostalgia, instead of pure function.

If you were looking for something nice to put under a 20-25 horsepower outboard, I'd take a look at Paul Beiker's PT Skiff or Graham Byrne's Marissa. Both these boats will do more with 20-25 horsepower than you can imagine. Efficient, fast, buildable and good looking.

Your money and time would be well spent on either.

--
    CutOnce

3. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

your right c o, my mistake, it has 3 bilge panels not lapstrake joints. i really like the look of it. i looked at your 2 links, nice boats especially the pt skiff.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.