whats going on with China

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by watchkeeper, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myark

myark Senior Member

That is a lot of negativity towards Chinese people who would be shocked if they read his comments as I would be if a Chinese person said that about me.
    I thought the education system in China is excellent as you look at New Zealand youth who do not know how to operate a CNC or EDM machine before the age of 20 or can cad draw well before 20 earning a living which is dime a dozen in China.
    Children start their education at an early age of 3 years old and if you can afford it there are English teachers imported that are paid about $250 USD a week plus accommodation which mainly teach 3 year old up who have a Chinese’s assistant working with them that understand most English and translate the Chinese.
    In Dongying I got to know about 30 teachers that came from USA, UK, NZ, and AU who were having a great time which drank them self’s silly at this bar called JJs that had a big sign outside saying “let’s get shitfaced”
    Many children speak a little English and always try and talk to me each day as I walk home through the village that I live who are friendly and polite beyond imagination.
    I have never seen this kindness in New Zealand let alone NZ children try and speak Chinese to a Chinese’s person.
    China is learning fast as it only been 20 odd years ago since they open the gates for foreigners to freely come and go so the culture gap is closing.
    With Corruption in China especialy an official who can easily receive the death sentence so corruption is dropping rapidly as one time bribing was common but those does are coming to an end,
    One of my friends in China is a hotel manager and is struggling to support his family on his salary because he needs to support his wife’s mother and family as well as his own who had asked to borrow money from me to pay for an operation for his father when he broke his leg which I told him when he went to return money to keep it for the help he had given me beforehand.
    The honesty I found in China is outstanding.
    It’s rough in China if you have no money, I always give to distressed people living on the streets food clothing or money, that have lost the edge of getting a job that most have metal disability such as depression.
    A fault in China is many are so kind but within their own circle as anything outside that it would be ignored such as I helped a dying man as people walked over him, I took him home for several months and healed his wounds which I also did this to a 5 year old that was mentally handicapped and living like a wild animal on the streets who could not talk and had fits.
    He stayed in my home for 7 months where my wife and I educated him to be human and eventually we had to leave China so I went and saw the Social welfare assistant director in Shenzhen who placed the boy in a new orphanage which was amazingly updated.
    I do not see it so much now but in the early days it’s common to see a man in dreadlocks with no clothing, covered in dirt while walking down the streets of a city with a smile on his face and eating out of the rubbish bins.

2. watchkeeper

watchkeeper Previous Member

I know 500 or so apprentices at McMullen & Wing, Devonport Navy Base, Fitzroy Yachts, Fitzroy Eng., Profab, Alloy Yachts, Austal, Strategic, Tennix, and 50 other companies that might disagree with your ridiculous claim.

I think no matter what I state you are going to post to the contrary which is fine but for other readers I live and work in China, with Chinese in-laws that as do the shipyard staff provide me with first hand info, and show me the China they live in while you live in....Thailand.

3. myark

myark Senior Member

Helping a dieing man

Attached Files:

4. myark

myark Senior Member

Early days in China

Attached Files:

5. watchkeeper

I started this thread for an open discussion about present day China.

If you wish to make a statement about your personal deeds in China please don't hijack this thread, instead start your own.

6. myark

myark Senior Member

You asked me if I was in China at all.
    My wife is in the yellow next o me 15 years ago in Chongqing

Attached Files:

7. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Watchkeeper,

I spent 3.5 years in China, returned about 3 years ago, I have to say that what I read from you is about the same as my experiences entirely.

A wonderful place in many ways, but a long way to go yet.

I would love to work there again for a while, as I really did enjoy the experience, despite all the difficulties that I know you understand too.

8. myark

myark Senior Member

You say you would love to work there again for a while, a wonderful place in many ways, Hmmmmm, However that’s what I’m am saying.
    What would you state what I have said is not correct?

Of course watch keepers point of view is well known as I have met many in particular a Australian who was have pulling hair hair out but alas as most are are screwing the Chinese for dirt cheap price wanting high quality product that they sell at top dollar.
    The Chinese people know this that have a lot to do how they feel and why they are now getting pay rises also strikes are now common.

An example I was a talking to local in Dongying and he said when went to Australia to learn English, he was abused and called racists names on many times but then he quietly said to me that’s how we also feel about some foreigners.

I was on the bus last month coming home late from the factory and one person could speak English who translated for other people on the bus who ask if I was from the USA, I said I come from Australia and not America which for an experiment said this with a thumbs down and they all light up with smiles and went Yahhhaaaal with their thumbs down.
    As I say they know they are been screwed especially when foreigners with the same job can get up to 30 X more pay.
    If that happen in Australia you can be sure workers would strike.

9. myark

myark Senior Member

You are wrong aout childrens school date it feaky how you say such things.

I spent little time in Thailand and mainly spend most time in China which I can prove and proven.

With Auckland I have worked on the Shenandoah http://www.boatdesign.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/22010/ppuser/499902 for one of the companies you talked about so I know the region well seen I was brought up in Auckland and owned a boat building company in Auckland.

The companies you talk about would have maybe some CNC or farm this work out but mostly no EDM so what you say is gibberish as with the borders of Manchuria that you say are not surrounded by other countries and still have not explained this stupid statement which gets me wondering where you are coming from espcailly school start age is freaky.

You say I know nothing of the Chinese culture and ask if I have ever been in China and when I give you proof you do not want to talk about and want to walk away.

Is that how you treat the Chinese’s supervisors? are you really a supervisor

Attached is picture to prove more again on my knowledge on Chinese culture.

Attached Files:

10. myark

myark Senior Member

Originally Posted by myark

Children start their education at an early age of 3 years old and if you can afford it there are English teachers imported that are paid about $250 USD a week plus accommodation which mainly teach 3 year old up who have a

Watch keeper states
    Wrong - official regulations req children to be min. 6yrs old to start school and there is no pre school system in China.

11. myark

myark Senior Member

Watchkeeper
    Why did you say that about 6 year olds and no preschool.

12. myark

myark Senior Member

The picture of my wife in Chongqing I did not explain that she is Chinese and that is her mother, father and family members next to us also we married in China.

13. myark

myark Senior Member

Preschool education in China

Preschool education, which began at age three, was another target of education reform in 1985. Preschool facilities were to be established in buildings made available by public enterprises, production teams, municipal authorities, local groups, and families. The government announced that it depended on individual organizations to sponsor their own preschool education and that preschool education was to become a part of the welfare services of various government organizations, institutes, and state- and collectively operated enterprises. Costs for preschool education varied according to services rendered. Officials also called for more preschool teachers with more appropriate training.

14. watchkeeper

My apologies to fellow posters but it seems the thread has turned from a discusion to a one man pissing contest that doesn't interest me at all.

I'll revisit the subject of China ports and industry at another time on a new thread

1 person likes this.

15. myark

myark Senior Member

**Pre-school Teacher**
    **Teaching opportunity in China**

A brand new international is looking for a patient and responsible Pre-school teacher for February start. This is a position for candidates who are holding a bachelor degree in education or early years and ideally western trained with minimum 2 years teaching experience in pre-school.

The new campus is situated at the capital of Hunan province and has already completed ready for February 2013 start. The school has 11 classrooms with all brand new facilities such as climate controlled classroom, library, music room, art & craft room, playroom, indoor and outdoor playground.

Job duties:

*Provide high quality care and activities for children which recognise both individual and group requirements in a secure, safe and stimulating environment
    *Organise activities, both inside and outside the nursery, which encourages creativity, development, co-ordination, independence, self-expression, and learning through play
    *Monitor, assess, record and report on children’s development and progress
    *Follow EYFS framework for guidance in the practice with the children
    *Work in partnership with parents and encourage parental involvement in the kindergarten
    *Participate in professional development and training
    *Organise and participate in parents meetings
    *Be familiar with the policies and procedures of the school
    *Adaptable to new environment

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.