what type of transducer ?

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by luso, Mar 9, 2009.

  1. luso
    Joined: May 2006
    Posts: 16
    Likes: 0, Points: 0, Legacy Rep: 10
    Location: florida usa

    luso New Member

    I'm installing my depth and speed sensor and I have run into a problem regarding the transducer. The unit I have is(ST50) a triducer is made of bronse. Upon reading the instalation manual it said not to use bronze on a metal hull ( my is steel), so my choices are: plastic which is weak or stainless steel which is very expensive($750 us).any suggestions please.
    Thank you
  2. Landlubber
    Joined: Jun 2007
    Posts: 2,640
    Likes: 124, Points: 0, Legacy Rep: 1802
    Location: Brisbane

    Landlubber Senior Member

    Insulate the transducer from the hull with a plastic gasket, same with the fasteners.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.