what to use to dye MEKP

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by brokensheer, Jul 6, 2011.

1. brokensheer

brokensheer Senior Member

I went looking for a bottle of dye I had and it was missing , can someone tell me what I can use to dye MEKP

Thanks

2. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Catalyst Dye !!! :D
    Go back to your catalyst supplyer and they will get it for you .
    Playing with catalyst is dangerous so look seriously at you insurance policy :eek:
    I just been doing the same thing where i am working he in China . :p

3. brokensheer

Thanks T I know how volatile catalyst is and that is why I posted the ? here, , and I wouldnot add anything top it unless I researched the stuff..

4. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Most of the catalyst manufactures have catalyst already dyed . Funny used to be quite common in th 1970/80s but i haven seen it used since then .
    As a budding laminator /gun operater come spray person i grew up with it and it was a excelent way to judge resin content and glass thickness while gunning . !!
    Here in China i have some orded for our gun operator to use for a safe guard as the resin we are using has little to hardly no color change from with catalyst to no catalyst at all . So when using a gun its instant I D straight away . :p

5. brokensheer

I have a GS mfg, chopper and a wet out gun, and run it on that machine, I had some small putty needs and when I went looking for the bottle of dye I "have" I could not find it!, it will show up after I buy some , it always works out that way!

6. Herman

Herman Senior Member

In USA you can get it from Syrgis Performance Initiators. They have 2 types (both red, but one of them is fading red, the other stays.

7. brokensheer

Thanks Herman!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.