FREEship 2.6 to Vectorworks

Discussion in 'Software' started by fhrussell, Feb 29, 2008.

1. fhrussell

fhrussell Boatbuilder

I'm really new at using FREEship and have made several attempts to put the pencil down and gather up enough patience to design catamarans in FREEship.
    Moving along.... I have my first reasonable attempt (I'm sure it is full of glitches, but none the less) at a catamaran now.
    So my question is:

Can I design the hulls in FREEship and then use my work-supplied Vectorworks for the other structural pieces and the rig? (I am not the one using Vectorworks here at work...I just manage.)

Thanks!

2. fhrussell

fhrussell Boatbuilder

Here's a sample....

Attached Files:

3. CGN

CGN Senior Member

Yes you can, you may try:

1-Export from freeship as a Iges file and import into vectorworks and cut any sections you need, i think you may need the mechanical version for this not a 100% sure.

2-Export sections or cuts like waterlines or buttocks as a 3D Dxf from freeship and open this files on vectorworks then you can use the sections as a guide to model the structures or interiors

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.