What sort of boat has chines like this and why?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by XJ9, Mar 15, 2012.

1. J47

J47 New Member

Hi Simon,
    I have just tried to upload some photos for you however it tells me they are too big and I don't know how to fix that.
    J47

2. XJ9

XJ9 Junior Member

I'm not sure what sort of image programs you have (paintshop/photoshop/Gimp etc), but you will probably have to resize your pictures down a bit to less than 2MB (and probably a fair bit less than that for those that have slow internet connections). Copy the picture you want to post first and resize the copy so that you don't lose quality in or ruin your original. You can download the Gimp image manipulation program for free if you don't have anything to make your pictures "smaller", but there are plenty of alternatives and many printers come bundled with some software that will do the job. Have a look at the FAQ for some better instructions: http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_vb_attachment_explain

3. J47

J47 New Member

I am still stuck. It says if I email them they are 230KB. Not sure how I could give you my email address without giving it to the world!

4. XJ9

XJ9 Junior Member

If you go to my profile, you will find an email link to send a personal message or follow the web page link that is there too - there is an email option on my personal web page.

5. Wavewacker

Wavewacker Senior Member

There were some hydroplanes here in the 60s and the reason was they thought they reduced tripping by raising the boat, the concave portion was greater aft and blended in further forward. A measure tried and forgotten.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.