hp and speed

Discussion in 'Sterndrives' started by lounger8, Jun 30, 2006.

1. lounger8

lounger8 New Member

Hi folks, easy question but still looking for information. Have a 98 four winns, with a 3 litre volvo. Just had it fixed in the shop, one cylinder was not firing, now it is. Should i expect more power and speed once i get it on the water. If so any guesses. Tx. Lounger.

2. The Kid

The Kid Junior Member

You didn' t mention how many cyliners you had, I will assume there are 8, could be 6, no mater, your HP and speed will dramatically increase if it was a 6 cyl and a small increase if it was an 8 cyl.

The Kid

3. The Kid

The Kid Junior Member

Ooops, hit the wrong key.

4. lounger8

lounger8 New Member

Its actually a 4cyl. , what would be your prediction on that. Tx.

5. The Kid

The Kid Junior Member

Almost 20% increase in HP and speed. You have to consider the percentages of how many cylinders you have in total and how many of them are working.

Good Luck

6. Preformer 40

Preformer 40 Junior Member

25 percent plus drag from piston 5-10%.It will be a diffrence in plaining and not planing in most boats with the 3.0,if these problems in spark continue,change it for the new electronic ignition-150.00 or so.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.