What now

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by SamSam, Apr 24, 2018.

1. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

The average length of civil litigation in the USA is 7 years, so this ain't over by a long shot. Go monkey, go . . .

3. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Looking for lint on the lens, while taking a selfie?

5. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

If nothing else, he's still a handsome devil.

Growing up we had a full b&w and color darkroom in the basement and an assortment of cameras, 35mm regular, copy, half frame and stereoscopic, 120 & 620 reflex, 4x5 Speed Graphic. Tons of expired military photographic paper of various speeds and types and sizes. Bulk film reloaders, enlargers, film dryers, paper dryers, all the chemicals 'automated' in rubber corked brown glass bottles with individual surgical tubing run by a pressure/vacuum pump so you could fill the trays and tanks with solution and then get it back in the bottles just by flipping switches. Mechanized agitators. I spent many hundreds of hours and took and processed thousands of photos. I once used high speed film and developed it in a fast paper developer and was able to push the Tri-X film speed from 320 to 12,000 or so. That enabled fast exposure with very low available light, such as a candle. I realize now that about the only thing I never photographed was the darkroom setup, a marvel of my Dad's ingenuity. It's sad to me that digital has replaced all that mechanical process technology. Oh well.

Angelique, your beautiful sister is not actually taking a selfie as she is looking in the viewfinder of a reflex camera, the lens being between her wrists, pointing at the ground. It reminds me of the way I got a photo of my extremely camera shy Mom, using a camera like that. She was behind me and I held the camera overhead with the lens pointing back as I talked about something to distract her, she never suspected I was taking a photo of her.

6. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

You're much too sharp Paul & Sam, it's Maria Austria photographed by Henk Jonker, she was a perfectionist, so Paul could be right about looking for lint, or maybe she's taking a picture of an object on the ground . . ?

7. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Taking a photo using that camera in that position would give a perspective like this, the first photo in the series you posted, a little bit above the heads of everyone. Lederhosen and cowboy boots, the world in flux.
    [​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.