What kind of Sportfish boats in Australia

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by mulletbucket, Jun 25, 2008.

1. mulletbucket

mulletbucket Junior Member

What kind of boats ,production boats, custom wood/epoxy etc, are used sportfishing down there. I once say on The Hull Truth a post by an Australian who was looking for a Custom Carolina. Are there Custom sport builders there.

Bryan

2. raw

raw Senior Member

I know of two who could do it. It would need to be greater than say 40 ft or so before they would touch it though.

What size are we looking at?

3. masalai

masalai masalai

How about specifying more clearly what you are looking for in your boat?

4. mulletbucket

mulletbucket Junior Member

Sorry guys, I'm not looking to have a boat built. I've been building custom sportfish here, in North Carolina, for about ten years. The boat market here has gone **** up and I'm just dreaming of traveling to differant parts of the world to build custom Carolina style boats.

Bryan

5. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Mulletbucket, things are looking a little "lean" here too with plenty of boat production workers getting laid off, will check the vibe some more at the Sydney boat show in a month or so. Of coarse for those with a versatile skill set theres always something going. All the best from Jeff.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.