What is this?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Capt Mark Howell, Jun 30, 2018.

  1. Capt Mark Howell
    Joined: Jun 2018
    Posts: 1
    Likes: 0, Points: 1
    Location: Atlantic Beach, FL

    Capt Mark Howell New Member

    I believe this may be a horizontal insert off a keel of some old vessel.

    Attached Files:

  2. HJS
    Joined: Nov 2008
    Posts: 414
    Likes: 92, Points: 28, Legacy Rep: 288
    Location: 59 45 51 N 019 02 15 E

    HJS Member

    It is a floor with the keelbolt.

    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  3. Tink
    Joined: Jun 2018
    Posts: 34
    Likes: 1, Points: 8
    Location: North East England

    Tink Junior Member

    Part of a dug out canoe’s foiling rudder

  4. BlueBell
    Joined: May 2017
    Posts: 2,198
    Likes: 699, Points: 113
    Location: Victoria BC Canada

    BlueBell . . . . .

    That's a piece of drift wood off the beach.
    I'll bet you found it, right?
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.