Newbe (plans / blueprints for the Chris craft barrel back or the 1940 runabout?)

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by medic1, Jun 18, 2014.

1. medic1

medic1 New Member

First I wanted to say thank you for allowing me to become a member of this site. Currently I am a paramedic here in the state of Indiana as well as being new to the wooden boat scene. I came here looking for advice on where I could obtain the best plans / blueprints for the Chris craft barrel back or the 1940 runabout. I have always admired these beautiful boats and thought it was time I built one for myself. I have been warned in regards to the tremendous task of building one but I have been working with wood since I was 5 as well as having a fully stocked wood shop at my disposal......" thanks dad ". I have done much searching online but I mostly find plans for boat models. I believe I found some from a company called Glen-L but was warned to stay away. Not sure why so I thought I would come here and seek your advise as well as wisdom. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advice and if there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask.

FYI....I do custom paint, airbrush, pinstripe, powder coating, upholstery, metal and electrical fab. I have done these services as a hobby for friends basically at cost. I don't do it to get rich, just to fund my addiction ( cars )...lol. Be safe