I have data from VPP, but I don’t know how to plot this

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by piotrek55667, Jul 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. piotrek55667

piotrek55667 New Member

Hi,
    I have data from maxsurf vpp, but this diagram is really crappy and I want that polar plot in high quality(project). I have searched everywhere, but nothing is great.

2. Alik

Alik Senior Member

If diagram is crappy, is think Your source data is crappy. Read something about principles of VPP, this will give You some understanding of what is happening when You press the key.

PS Surprising generation, surprising attitude. This is not Instagram stuff, engineering takes some efforts to understand.

baeckmo and TANSL like this.
  3. piotrek55667

piotrek55667 New Member

You got me wrong.
    I know what VPP is. My data and diagram is great, but only in Maxsurf VPP. „Crappy” beceause in maxsurf I can’t spoll to word for example like in stability module. Excel have diagram similar, but it’s not exactly what I want. I have found some add ons to excel where I can płot this, but again, this is not exactly what I want.

4. Alik

Alik Senior Member

You can draw a polar diagram in AutoCAD. Years ago, I did a AutoLISP script to convert numbers from self-made VPP into polar plot, in AutoCAD.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.